Wednesday, April 29, 2009

LA Times Books Festival

Dear Friends,

While I've cut back a good deal on the number of book signings I do, I still make a few scheduled appearances each year. Recently, I signed copies of my books and gave a presentation at the LA Times Book Festival, an event for which I also created art for the program and other publicity materials. It was a very well-organized festival and I was delighted to meet readers and fans of all ages who were there. I hope you enjoy these photos of the few days in California.

Eric Carle









3 comments:

  1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar just makes my heart smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat and delight those participants had hearing you read, and getting their books signed by you.
    Rachel (from Sydney, Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LA Times Festival is a big beautiful festival. I loved going when I lived down there. I now live in Spokane, WA and coordinate the Get Lit! Festival, a weeklong celebration of reading and writing for all ages each April. I know you pick and choose where you go each year, which is wise. We've been lucky enough to have Jack Prelutcky and Robert Munsch as our children's author in previous years. I am hoping maybe you'll check out our website at www.ewu.edu/getlit to see if you would like to give Spokane a try next spring. Our authors always note how much they love interacting with the community and with the other authors. As many as 10,000 people attend each year. 10,000 very appreciative people.

    Dani at dringwald@ewu.edu

    ReplyDelete